Thursday, March 25, 2010

i have a crush on my apartment.

 photo by yours truly, showing front entrance to my lovely apartment.
i can't find interior shots right now, so this'll have to do. :)

I really do!  It boasts wood floors, charming arches, windows overlooking trees and the beautiful Courthouse.  The windows let a great deal of light in and are perfect to have a cup of tea under or read a book by.  In the summer, I keep the windows open to hear the constant rustle of leaves.  I can't wait until I can do that again! 

Of course, there are things my apartment lacks.  A large bathroom.  It definitely lacks that.  A mirror in the bathroom that I can see my whole face in.  It must have been built for a very tall person...or maybe just a regular sized person.  Either way, I can't see myself!  A large kitchen.  Yep, it's a small one.  Okay, okay.  It seems what it's lacking is SPACE but isn't that how apartments are supposed to be?  They challenge you to find new ways to create space out of no space.  It's a little test of your ingenuity.  So far, I'm passing.  But I'm a lady that likes change so when my lease is up, I'll probably move along and find a new space to fill up.  It's just the type of bird I am.  But for now, I've got a crush on and miss my apartment (and super comfortable bed)!

I'm in the field: 5 hours north of my humble abode.  I'm not sure when I'll be back but I hope it's at least by the weekend.  Quality time is need with the apartment.  And with the boyfriend.  But that's not what this post is about. :)

Apartment-I'll be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails