Wednesday, February 24, 2010

mornings.


I'm not what you would call a morning person.  Not at all.  Given the opportunity, I'd probably lounge in bed all day (maybe not all day, but I'd only get up to make crepes, then I'd get back into bed).  As that usually isn't an option, I get up as late as time (and work) will allow.  A typical morning should have me waking at 7am and leaving the house by 7:45.  Do you think I follow that schedule though?  Of course not.  For each week, I probably only wake up at 7 once and am probably on time (8) to work only once.  It is lovely that my work schedule is remarkably flexible; technically 8 is just a guideline and as long as I get my hours in, nobody minds if I'm in at 8:30 or even 9, but I should be there at 8. 

This morning however, was different.  The bf had to be at work early so he woke up at 6:30.  I laid in bed until 6:45 promising my body that I'd go back to sleep and wake up at 7:30 or something.  Nope!  Once he got up (and started making lots-o-noise), there was no turning back; I was awake.  So I got up, took a shower, and I still had oodles of time!  I took my time making oatmeal for breakfast, made a lunch for the day, read a blog or two, blowdryed my hair and left for work.  And I arrived with time to spare.  It was amazing!  Today made me realize why morning people are morning people.  Whether it's a choice of theirs, that I don't know, but it may become a choice of mine.  But only sometimes...let's say once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails