Friday, February 26, 2010

oh diana.

photo by amyelyse


photo by occhichiusi


photo by occhichiusi

For a long while now, I've wanted two cameras.  Those were a Diana and a DSLR.  The Diana was a (perfect) gift from the bf last Christmas so that just leaves the DSLR on the list.  Well, as I was perusing the web (as I so often do), I read a headline essentially saying that demand for luxuries is down so the price for normally expensive cameras is too.  With that in mind, I popped on over to Best Buy's website to check it out.  And I saw this.  A Canon Rebel XS for 499?  Oui and Oui again.  But I still can't justify it as a purchase.  Why oh why can't I just spend money frivolously?!

On the plus side, I do have the Diana.  And I loooove her.  I'm on my third roll of film.  I've only had the first roll developed as of yet, but next weekend I'll be trekking to Fort Collins so I'll be dropping off my next two rolls.  I'm so excited to see how they come out!  Working with film adds a whole new depth to photography.  Instant feedback with digital cammies is of course lovely, but the anticipation of what your photos will look like is so fun.  I'll post some of my Diana shots as soon as I scan them in.  The images up top were shot from a Diana.  Lovely, isn't it?  I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

  1. I love these photos! I can't wait to see your films and I really need one of these cameras for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are we going to see a "photo by cguthrie" or "photo by gaitlin" bellow a Diana photo?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails