Monday, April 26, 2010

snow, snow, snow + knee update.



photos via Just be spLendid

All together now, check your calendars!  What day is today?  That's right, it's April 26.  And what did I wake up to this morning?  Right again!  Snow.  And what did I wake up to for the past three days?  Snow.  Snow, snow, snow.  It's everywhere!  Now, I'm not a Wyoming native so this whole year round winter thing is still a bit foreign to me, but really, it's time for a reprieve!  Laramie summers are lovely.  I've spent two here thus far, and while they certainly don't make the winters bearable, they do help.  So let's get on with it mother nature, bring on summer (or at least spring)!  I'm ready to have fun in the sun (like in the above pictures)!

As for my knee, there are no visible tears!  Woohoo!  So while I'm still not able to do any hard labor, I'm not destined for surgery either.  What a relief. 

I've decided to implement a spending freeze.  What is a spending freeze, you ask?  Maybe you don't need to ask this, because it's quite obvious, but I'll explain just in case.  A spending freeze (my definition) is a period of time that you don't spend any unneccesary fundage on anything.  This means, no eating out, no drinking out, no frivolous shopping, no going to the movies, no sushi (say it ain't so), etc.  It's tough, but is a handy way to cut down on spending, especially when it's gotten a bit out of control.   I'll make more time to bike outside, go on hikes, go to the gym, take a picnic, and all sorts of fun free activities!  I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome plan! I'm happy! And proud, it takes a lot of willpower to do a spending freeze!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails