Thursday, April 22, 2010

earth day, every day.


nature is not here to serve you

-ani difranco

photo by voss

The boyfriend, a bunch-o-friends, and I saw Ani Difranco last night!  It was so cool.  We had 4th row seats and a great view.  She is such an amazing woman, songwriter, singer and guitar player (among other things).  It was completely inspiring and really makes me consider making music a larger part of my life.  On top of that, she's such a powerful female figure and I can't help but admire her for her strong points of view.  Very cool.



And today is Earth Day!  The quote at the top is from Ani's song "Amendment".  She sang this lyric last night and it stuck with me.  It seems the perfect line to describe how we should view our relationship with our planet.  In my part of the world, Mother Nature is letting her presence be known with fog, rain, wind, and snow.  It' a great day for it!  Are you doing anything to celebrate Earth Day?


photo by bekathwia, note: not my mri, of course

I had my MRI this morning.  No word yet on what the deal is, but the tech did mention that I have a bunch of fluid in the joint.  I have no idea what that means so I'll wait until I get the phone call.  Your knee is DESTROYED!  That's what I imagine they'll say, but surely, that won't happen. :) 

Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails