Monday, April 19, 2010

amazing weekend recap.

photo via On a High Note

This weekend was chock full of good stuff!  Let me first start off by saying that the weather did not cooperate completely (so rude, when I asked so nicely) but it did give me the opportunity to wear my bright green puddle jumpers!  Score.  Okay, it's best to discuss this weekend in bullet form.  At least, that's what I hear.

Friday
  • The boyfriend and I met up with a group of pals at a great new bar downtown.  They have a bunch of local beer on tap, including a delicious Irish Red.  Be careful though; it's more than 8% alcohol!  Ooeee.
  • We ended up dancing at a bar called The Parlor.  It's not often we make our way there, but when we do, we get our groove on...or at least I and my lady friend do.  The boys weren't really into it.  Boring. ;)
Saturday
  • Yummy bagel sandwiches for breakfast with the boyfriend.  
  • Flea market shopping with a lady friend.  I found some beautiful plates.  $18 for the set of 8.  What a steal!  They'll be perfect for a lovely outdoor meal.  I'm envisioning it now...
  • Met up with the boyfriend again and some other pals for the University of Wyoming's Biennial Keepers of the Fire Powwow.  The outfits, the singing, the dancing: it was all amazing.  It's inspiring to see how much preparation goes into an event like this and to witness a part of their culture.
  • RAIN
  • Later that night, we attended the House of Joy BBQ in town.  It was a fundraiser for the Laramie Plains Museum.  10 dollars for all the beer and food you could handle, plus 6 live bands all night.  It was so cool.  I don't think I've been to a better event in Laramie before.  We all had such a blast.  Aaaaaand you can't really go wrong with free beer. :)
Sunday
  • From dawn til dusk, the entire day was beautiful.  Sunny, some clouds, blue skies.  Perfect! 
  • The boyfriend and I had tea in a downtown coffee shop.  
  • He organized a picnic, so we met our friends at a local park in the afternoon for sandwiches and frisbee.  It was the best day for a picnic and it was the first time I've been barefoot in the grass this season!  Ooh, and I took some shots with the Diana.  We had a lot of fun.
  • After the picnic, we saw the movie Kick-Ass.  Loved it.  Violence isn't usually my thing (and let's be honest, I closed my eyes during the bad stuff), but the story was really good!  I recommend it.
  • And what's the best way to top off an already perfect weekend?  With sushi of course!  It was delicious, as usual. 
I hope you had a great weekend too!  I might not be posting very often this week.  It's going to be a busy one.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. You know I thought I was dying Saturday morning, due to our Friday night extravagance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails