Sunday, April 25, 2010

i finally baked bread.

I've been talking about baking bread for a long while.  Back in January I saw this no-knead bread recipe on honey&jam and went out immediately to gather the ingredients (yes, I know, there are only 4 ingredients and all are basics.  Don't judge my unstocked kitchen!).  But then, the ingredients just sat there day after day, and I continued to make excuses about what little time I had to mix ingredients and wait for it to rise.  Pish posh. 

But I've finally done it!  This weekend was the perfect storm of a bum knee and cabin trip (that I didn't get to go on, but my pals and bf did) so I had oodles of time at home alone.  On Saturday I made the dough, let it rise, and sat it in the fridge and then this morning I pulled a lump of the dough out, let it sit for about an hour, and popped it into the oven.  And now I have this!

photo by yours truly

Cooking and baking is like magic!  I vow to bake much more often.  Not only do you get to pull a magically formed loaf out of your oven, but the smells...THE SMELLS!  I still have a bunch of dough in the fridge so at the very least, I'll be baking the rest of this week. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. that looks delicious! and i can't believe you have snow! boo! i hope your knee feels better soon :<)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails