Monday, June 14, 2010

it's time for an update.


Since I've last written, so many things have happened! 

I dressed as Yoshi for the 1st Annual Mario Kart Pub Crawl!  It was so much fun.  About 12 people dressed up, and we made it to 9 out of the 10 bars we planned to go to.  All characters were represented except Mario and Luigi! Funny, right? 


photo by the boyfriend

The mixer was used yesterday to make a delicious lemon cake.  The recipe I used is called "1, 2, 3, 4 cake"  and I got it out of my new cookbook "Pie in the Sky".  It's a cookbook specially designed for those that bake at high altitude.  For each recipe, it gives different proportions based on your altitude and breaks it down by sea level, 3K, 5K, 7K and 10K.  I'm at 7,200 feet, and I've tried making other recipes that are typically baked at sea level.  My cakes always come out deflated and way too dense.  But not with this new cookbook!  The cake turned out perfect.  I couldn't be happier! 


This past weekend, the boyfriend and I celebrated the big ol' one year anniversary!  We spent the day in Denver checking out the Science Museum, eating at awesome restaurants, and shopping (because Laramie is void of decent stores).  We also decided to move in together!  It's true.  And, as luck had it, the place where I had already signed a lease (the one with the split kitchen apartment) was really flexible about letting me out of the first apartment.  As more luck would have it, they told us that they also manage a few houses around town.  And as even more luck would have it, they had one house available.  And it was perfect.  And we took it!  It is red with white trim (and lovingly called the gingerbread house), has two bedrooms upstairs, one bathroom, a large kitchen with a gas stove AND a washer and dryer (my favorite part) and a huge yard.  Oh! And it has a balcony off the bedroom upstairs, and a front porch.  It really is exactly what I wanted.

photo by yours truly

I can't wait to show you all the projects I have planned for the new house.  We don't move in till August 1, which means the growing season will be nearly over so no planting this year, but next year a garden is definitely going in. :)

1 comment:

  1. what a nice home, it certainly does remind me of a gingerbread house - very cute! congrats to you, this home looks like it will open lots of creative outlets for you. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails