Sunday, May 23, 2010

oh.my.goodness.

 photo by *Cinnamon

You guys. I don't know how many of you already have a stand mixer, but up until last Wednesday, I did not.   And as I'm sure you've guessed, now I do!  This is amazing.  I've joined the club!  No, I didn't buy it.  I didn't win it either.  My mom sent me her old one, because somehow she'd acquired two kitchenaid mixers.   Gift, gladly taken! 

I used to try to make recipes that called for a stand mixer, without a stand mixer.  My thought process went something like this, "My grandmother didn't have a stand mixer, and she made all sorts of amazing goodies! So there."  Maybe my arm isn't strong enough, maybe my whip isn't fast enough, but the recipes never turn out!  Never, ever.  So I began to pass on any recipes needing a mixer (which is a ton of recipes!).  But no longer!  Now, I'll be a mixer extraordinaire.  Just you watch! :)  Any suggestions for recipes I must try?

I've been working in the field a bunch lately, and am heading out again on Monday (have I told you I'm an archaeologist?  Well, I am.) so I won't have time to use it just yet, but soon.  Very soon.  And I'll surely show pictures. 

photo by yoshiart.com

P.S. June 5, Mario Kart Pub Crawl.  I'm going to be Yoshi.  I can't wait to show you my costume.

photo by netmen!

P.P.S. The Lost Series Finale is on tonight.  Goodbye friend.  You were a good one, and a super confusing one, too.

2 comments:

  1. my sister's an archeologist, too! best of luck to you :) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly that excitement that you are describing! My sister and I found my grandmother's kitchenaid mixer in my parents basement a while ago, and although she called it for herself, she was never able to lug the heavy thing back to Boston. So - it became mine not too long ago! It makes SUCH a difference, I use it every time I bake now. It is especially good for making meringue, like night and day! I love it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails